1 Out of bounds marked with white paint or stakes (Rule 18.2)
- 1.1 Beyond RMGC boundary walls and fences.
- 1.2 Practice putting greens and turf nursery.
- 1.3 Boundary cultivated flowerbeds marked with white paint.
- 1.4 The ditch and horse track parallel to the 9th fairway.
- 1.5 Horse track running parallel to the 12th and 15th fairways.
- 1.6 Fireworks area left of 16th fairway.
- 1.7 Footpath behind 2nd green.
- 1.8 Service road from front of 8th tee to limits of practice putting green.
- 1.9 Storm ditch to left of bridge on 17th.
- 1.10 RMGC Clubhouse
2 Penalty areas (Rule 17).
- 2.1 Yellow Penalty areas.
- 2.1.1 In front of the 11th green.
- 2.2 Yellow Penalty areas from which play is prohibited
- 2.2.1 The storm ditch between 17th & 18th, which is a no play zone.
- 2.3 Red penalty area
- 2.3.1 left side of the 8th hole.
- 2.3.2 Drainage, ditches on the 8th, 10th, 11th & 12th holes
3 Abnormal course conditions (Rule 16-1).
- 3.1 Where marked as GUR, encircled with a continuous white line or blue stakes, it is prohibited to play and relief MUST be taken also if GUR interferes with stance.
- 3.2 Drainage sumps on the 3rd, 5th, 12th, & 18th holes marked with blue stakes.
- 3.3 Internal cultivated flower beds marked with blue stakes/paint.
- 3.4 Concrete paths within the general area
- 3.5 relief may be taken when immovable obstructions such as sign posts, guy wires on trees, support poles fixed sprinkler heads, seats, ball cleaners, waste skips or containers, vending machines and machinery interfere with a player’s stance or the are of his intended swing.
- 3.6 When a ball that is not in a penalty area lies within 2 club lengths from fixed sprinkler heads on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green relief may be taken without penalty if such an obstruction intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole.
4 Protection of Trees & Shrubs.
- The young trees and shrubs identified by stakes or marked in blue are no play zones:
- 4.1 If a player’s ball lies anywhere on the course other than in a penalty area and it lies on or touches such a tree or such a tree interferes with the player’s stance or are of intended swing, the player MUST take free relief under rule 16.1f.
- 4.2 If the ball lies in a penalty area, and interference to the player’s stance or area of intended swing exists from such a tree, the player must take relief either with penalty under rule 17.1e or with free relief under rule 17.1e(2).
5 Integral objects (Rule 2.3a)
- 5.1 All stone constructions within the course boundaries.
- 5.2 The service road from the limits of the practive putting green past the 6th and 7th greens all the way alongside the 3rd hole.
- Local Rules on the Club Notice Board have precedence over those printed on the scorecard.
- Players should refer to the Club Notice Board for Temporary Rules prior to commencing play.
- Coloured stakes on Fairway: Blue – 200 yards; Yellow – 150 yards; White – 100 yards.
Etiquette: Players should give way:
- When playing from the 4th tee to players on the 15th green.
- When playing to the 11th green to players on the 12th tee.
- When playing to the 12th green to players on the 13th tee.
- When playing to the 14th green to players on the 15th tee.
- When playing the 17th hole to players from the 18th tee.
- When playing to the18th green to players on the 1st tee.
Distances from the tee and fairway markers are measured in Yards to the centre of the green.