1 Out of bounds marked with white paint or stakes (Rule 27)
- Beyond RMGC boundary walls & fences.
- Practice putting greens and turf nursery.
- Boundary cultivated flowerbeds marked with white paint.
- The ditch and horse track parallel to the 9th fairway.
- Horse track running parallel to the 12th and 15th fairways.
- Fireworks area left of 16th fairway.
- Storm water ditch including bridge leading to 17th green.
- Footpath behind 2nd green.
- Service road from front of 8th tee to limits of practice putting green.
- RMGC Clubhouse
2.1 Lateral Water Hazards marked with red stakes (Rule 26).
- When playing the 8th (ball is OOB beyond boundary fence), 12th & 13th holes.
2.2 Water Hazards marked with yellow stakes (Rule 26).
- When playing the 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th holes.
3 Integral Parts of the Course (Rule 33-2a).
- All stone constructions within the course boundaries.
- The service road from the limits of the practice putting green past the 6th and 7th greens, alongside the 3rd hole.
4 Abnormal Ground Conditions / Ground under Repair (Rule 25-1).
- Where marked as GUR, encircled with a continuous white line or blue stakes, it is prohibited to play and relief MUST be taken also if GUR interferes with stance.
- Damage caused by mole crickets (relief may not be taken for interference to stance).
- Drainage sumps on the 3rd, 5th, 12th holes and water exit below Ceppuna Chapel.
- Internal cultivated flowerbeds marked with blue paint or stakes.
5 Immovable Obstructions (Rule 24-2).
- Relief may be taken when immovable obstructions such as sign posts, guy wires on trees, support poles, fixed sprinkler heads, seats, ball cleaners, signal bell, waste skips or containers, vending machines and machinery interfere with a player’s stance or the area of his intended swing.
- a) Concrete paths within the golf course are immovable obstructions and relief can be taken in accordance withe rule 24/2.
b) Free relief may be taken from the gravel path on the 4th hole between the limits of the stone walls. A drop zone should be indicated but if not the drop zone should be taken to be within two club lengths of the path keeping the keeping the point where the ball lies in line with the flag.
- When a ball that is not in a hazard lies within 2 club-lengths from fixed sprinkler heads on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green relief may be taken without penalty if such an obstruction intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole. [The Specimen Local Rule in the R&A Rules of Golf is in effect – see Appendix 1, Part B, Para 5]
6 Moveable Obstructions (Rule 24-1).
- Stones in bunkers are moveable obstructions.
7 Protection of Trees & Shrubs.
- If a ball is lying in such a position that a tree or shrub, which is either staked or marked in blue, is in danger of damage from a player’s stance or swing it MUST be lifted, without penalty, and dropped in accordance with Rule 24-2b (i).
8 Distance Measuring Devices (Rule 14.3)
- For all play at this course a player may use a device that measures distance only.
- Local Rules on the Club Notice Board have precedence over those printed on the score card.
- Players should refer to the Club Notice Board for Temporary Rules prior to commencing play.
- Coloured stakes on Fairway: Blue – 200 yards; Yellow – 150 yards; White – 100 yards.
Etiquette: Players should give way:
- When playing from the 4th tee to players on the 15th green.
- When playing to the 11th green to players on the 12th tee.
- When playing to the 12th green to players on the 13th tee.
- When playing to the 14th green to players on the 15th tee.
- When playing the 17th hole to players from the 18th tee.
- When playing to the18th green to players on the 1st tee.
Distances from the tee and fairway markers are measured in Yards to the centre of the green.