Footjoy Order of Merit
Originally, but no longer, sponsored by Lacoste who donated the trophy. Now sponsored by Footjoy.
- The RMGC computer handicapping software, “CLUB 2000”, contains a facility for the definition and automatic allocation of Order-of-Merit points to competition leaders.
- The first 20 placed competitors in a QUALIFYING competition are allocated points ~ 20 points to the winner, 19 points to the runner-up, then 18, etc. The overall winner gets an additional 5 points.
- Points are allocated on an EQUAL basis to the top twenty finishers in all QUALIFYING competitions during the official golf season. EQUAL points means that tying players all get the same number of points, e.g. 1st, 2nd and 3rd all tied on net 64 in a monthly medal ALL get 20 points, 4th gets 17 points, etc. Scores for best back nine are not taken into consideration for the purposes of the Order-of-Merit.
- In a competition where there is more than one division (as in Monthly Medals) points will be allocated to the overall score ignoring divisions.
- Points will be awarded for overall results for Major competitions played over more than one day, i.e. Wedgwood Trophy, The Championship, Scratch Challenge and Handicap Challenge. The number of points awarded will by multiplied by the number of rounds played. I.e. for a two round competition the points will be 40 for best score 38 for second, etc, with 10 additional points for the overall winner. Three round competitions will be 60 points for the winner, 57 for second, etc, with 15 additional points for the overall winner.
- No additional points will be awarded for a qualifying competition played within another qualifying competition (e.g. Veterans’ Cup played with Monthly Medal – points will be given for Medal results only).
Order-of-Merit standings will also be taken into consideration in team selection for the annual Malta vs The Rest match.
The OFFICIAL GOLF SEASON starts with the September Monthly Medal and ends with the RMGC Championship in May. The QUALIFYING competitions are all individual stroke play competitions unless otherwise notified.
|2013||Q. van Beek|