Played for since 1992, this handsome trophy completes our list of ‘majors’.
- Played over two days on consecutive Saturdays.
- Day 1 is a Stableford round; Day 2 is a medal round.
- The Stableford points are deducted from the net medal scores to arrive to an overall winner and runner up for the competition.
- Maximum full handicap allowance: 18.
- Handicap played on Day 1 is retained for Day 2.
- Should there be a tie the winner will be the player who has obtained the best result on the second day medal round. If this does not decide then the process of the best back 9, etc as laid down in paragraph 8b of the Open Competitions Rules will be applied onto the second day medal round.
- Food is generally provided on day 2
- A club trophy is available.
- Prizes are given to:
- Winner and runner up day 1.
- Winner, runner up and best gross day 2.
- Overall winner, runner-up and third place.