IIG Bank RMGC Club Championship
This competition was inaugurated in 1963 and is now the premier competition of the season, closing the official calendar. Sponsored by IIG Bank since 2010. The original ‘Individual Champion’ Trophy was presented to the club in 1963 by Rear Admiral David William Maurice Boyle C.B. D.S.C, Viscount of Kelburn, later 9th Earl of Glasgow who was Flag Officer Malta 1961-63. This trophy became fully inscribed and was in 2008 replaced with the trophy above.
- Played over three consecutive days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- Aggregate medal played off scratch.
- On Day 1 all players will play off the first tee. Players will be seeded according to their Division. A random draw will be applied for players within each Division.
- The best 27 gross scores + ties will qualify to play on Day 2 of the Championship.
- The best 20 gross aggregate scores + ties from Day 1 and 2 will qualify to play on Day 3 of the Championship.
- On Days 2 & 3, the players with the best scores will play off the first tee in reverse order and i.e. the players with the best scores will go out last.
- The winner of the Championship will be the player with the best gross aggregate score over the three days.
- In the event of a tie, the result shall be decided by a play-off by the play off/sudden death procedure as laid down in paragraph 8c of the Open Competitions Rules.
- Prizes are given to: Winner and Runner Up.
|1963||Maj. R Stark (REME)|
|1965||Lt. Col. H.B.C. Davies (RASC)|
|1966||E. Hamilton Hill|
|1968||Sgt. B. Turnbull (RAF)|
|1969||The Rev P.O.W. Levingston|
|1970||The Rev P.O.W. Levingston|
|1971||S/Ld N. C. McLean|
|1972||Cdr R.J.H. Stephens|
|1973||Surg. Capt. J.C. Benson (RN)|
|1974||Flt. Lt. I. Shellern|
|1976||A. McLure (RAF)|