Some guidelines to clarify weekly competition signup to benefit members and Competition Committee:
- Each Saturday’s competition (and Friday’s alternative day if applicable) will be available to book 10 days in advance and signup will close on the previous Wednesday at 12:00pm (afternoon).
- Sign up to competitions are made via the PSI in the club, HowDidIDo app or website, ClubV1 app or website, or reception – the Competition Secretary will not add you if you are late or do not have funds in your competition account.
- If you do not have funds and cannot enter then you will have to top up your competition account. You can do this in person or over the phone with reception.
- The competition draw will be made after 12:00pm Wednesday and is intended, in most cases, to match handicaps. Therefore alterations afterwards disrupt this principle and are accepted only in exceptional circumstances.
- The official start sheet will be the one published on the RMGC website only. Not the one on HowDidIDo. This will be published on Thursday afternoon before the competition.
- Members, who need to use golf buggies in competitions, must seek prior approval from the Captain’s Committee.
- Members may make requests for start times occasionally to accommodate their schedules but at the discretion of Competition Committee – this must be made each week to aid the Competition Secretary.
- No requests to partner with particular players will be accepted for competitions with OOM points.
- Requests to partner with other members will be accepted for non-OOM point competitions on occasion and at the discretion of the Competition Committee.
Yours in Golf,
Mark Siddall, Competition Secretary
12th September 2019