19th November 2018
USGA Putting Green Construction @ Hole 5
See below pertinent points regarding the status of the USGA putting green construction @ Hole 5.
- Putting Green on track to be opened for use in January 2019.
- Several washouts of new surface due to persistent heavy rainfall during October to date, surface required replacement of sand & seed.
- Mowing and fertilization of new putting green surface to be increased from W/C 19th November 2018.
- Bermudagrass Sod & Ryegrass seed installed on green surrounds post construction after cleaning & consolidation (completed October)
- Construction of two new bunkers completed however compaction and sand install inside bunkers TBC end November.
- Drainage pipe installation in front of existing 5th green completed w/e 16th October, two drainage sumps (either side of green) to be finalised w/e 30th
- Leveling, top dressing and seeding of drainage trench in front existing 5th green to be completed w/e 23rd
- Construction of new tee box in front of existing 5th tee completed, grow in with Ryegrass seed and top dressing required before end December 2018.